20110902

Write From The Tip Of My Tongue

A year or two back I was asked to contribute to the book ‘My reason for hope’ and the author had chosen various people, all well known in their field, to contribute an article about hope. Well although I can talk for England I’m not that confident with writing creatively. So knowing that I had something to say on the subject, but not having the time to struggle through the creative process I had a brainwave and called in a favour from a copywriting friend of mine.

Effortless writing 
It was fantastic, absolutely fantastic, because he just made it so painless. He just interviewed me and before I knew there was an article which, he assured me, I had written! It made me sound fluent, intelligent, confident and it actually did capture my personality because it retained my sense of fun, my personality and my voice. It put down in words what was in my mind.

The acid test
Then recently I was asked to prepare a written statement about myself for a job interview. It was a job that I had my heart set on so, wanting to get it absolutely right, I used the same writing technique. He came along and talked with me, interviewed me I suppose, and then went away put it in writing. What came back really captured me and my thoughts in just a few lines. I was interviewed by four people and two of them actually highlighted the piece and asked me questions around it, so it obviously had an impact on them. But the key aspect was that the writing had stayed absolutely true to me, my views and my nature. So because it reflected who I am so accurately it meant that I could speak freely around it.

You too!
My copywriter has gone on to set up Tinderblogs.com which is a great ghost-writing service for corporate blogs. Their motto is ‘Turning the art of conversation into the power of communication’ and I love it. In fact I’m having a great time returning the favour in helping to launch Tinderblogs. I think he finds having input from a creative Financial Director as dramatically powerful as I’ve found having a creative copywriter on board!
Click on this logo to find out more of my blogging secrets:

Ali

Fuelled by Tinderblogs

No comments:

Post a Comment